How to Enter
The NSW Tourism Awards are a online submission and site inspection based program for all tourism businesses based in NSW.
Important Information: A new entry portal is being developed for 2017, please click here for the latest industry update.
Step 1: Nominate your Business/Product
- All prospective entrants in the 2016 NSW Tourism Awards will need to visit the E-Awards Portal to nominate and pay the entry fee. Please note you have to nominate each business/product separately.
- Create a new account. Please note that if you entered the Awards in 2015 and created an E-Awards account, these log-in details will not work for 2016. You must create a new account. This will only take a few minutes.
- All nominations must be lodged via the online E-Awards portal by 5pm 2nd August, 2016.
- Submissions will not be accepted unless you have nominated by this date.
Download Nomination Instructions for further information.
Step 2: Prepare your Submission
- To receive information on how to prepare your submission, it is recommended to attend at least of our NSW Tourism Awards workshops and/or webinars. For further information and details please click here.
- Once you have written your submission, we encourage you to join our mentoring program to receive a written feedback report from a tourism specialist who will review submissions and highlight opportunities for improvement. To register, please click here.
Step 3: Upload your Submission
Download Submission Instructions for further information.
- To submit your NSW Tourism Awards submission, you must log in to the eAwards portal using your log in details you created when nominating.
- Upload a PDF version of your submission along with Ten (10) High RES images. Please ensure your submission complies with the Rules for Entry 2016.
- You can only upload your submission once.
- All submissions must be lodged via the online E-Awards portal by 5pm 15th August 2016. Please click here to submit your final submission.
Step 4: CELEBRATE!
Come along to the 2016 NSW Tourism Awards Presentation and Gala Celebration for the announcement of all winners. A great opportunity to celebrate your accomplishment, network and support the NSW tourism industry. In 2016 the proceedings of the NSW Tourism Awards Presentation & Gala Celebration will be as follows:
- Tourism Awards Presentation - Academy Awards Style
- Gala Celebration with food stations
When: Thursday, 24 November 2016. Please refer to the Gala Event page for further information.
Do you think entering the award is a worthwhile and rewarding program to take part in?
Entering the awards programs has afforded us the opportunity to continually review and refresh our product. The opportunity to review processes and procedures – how can we do this better? What do our guests value most? What will give us the edge – a distinct difference? Participating in the program encourages fresh and innovative thinking within the business and is a great way to motivate staff involvement.
Although this is a process that all businesses should do on a regular basis, it is often talked about but not put into action. The awards program provides a structure for this process and deadlines that are the catapult for action. The program also encourages the business to look at the bigger picture – to analyse regional, state and national statistics and to learn more about industry trends and directions. This industry knowledge provides a platform for the business to plan better and to adapt to suit the needs of the visitor. The process encourages business to get involved in the wider community and to continue to add to the economic success of the tourism industry – be it from a destination point of view to a state and national perspective.
Moama on Murray Resort, 2015 NSW Gold Winner and 2015 Australian Tourism Awards Gold Winner – Standard Accommodation