About the Awards
The NSW Tourism Awards celebrate and acknowledge tourism excellence in NSW. Now in its 27th year, the awards promote and reward tourism businesses that demonstrate outstanding achievement and success throughout the year. The award categories showcase a range of tourism products and businesses that provide outstanding service and experiences to guests in NSW.
The criteria and categories of the NSW Tourism Awards are set by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC) and NSW winners from selected categories automatically progress to the National level at the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards where they a judged against the best from each State and Territories.
As an independent non-chain property, it can be challenging building brand exposure in a highly competitive space such as the tourism accommodation sector. The credibility afforded by the NSW Tourism Awards immediately provided our business with a unique competitive advantage. The exposure gained as a finalist leading up to the awards, not to mention the media frenzy following success at the awards, has given us invaluable PR exposure in both social media and from traditional media of print, radio and TV.
Chris Denny, Managing Director, The Observatory Port Macquarie, 2015 NSW Gold Winner – Deluxe Accommodation & Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, 2015 Australian Tourism Awards Winner - Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism
Click here to view the benefits of entering
- Encourage and celebrate creativity, professionalism and innovation.
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry.
- Promote business planning amongst New South Wales tourism operators.
- Encourage the continual raising of standards and reinforce the value of the tourism industry.
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence.
- Reinforce consumer confidence in the tourism industry.
- Provide an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike.
- Provide the opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
2017 key dates will be available shortly.