Now in its 28th year, the NSW Tourism Awards acknowledge and celebrate tourism excellence. This program rewards businesses that demonstrate significant achievement throughout the year. With 27 submission categories available, the awards showcase a variety of tourism products and businesses delivering outstanding service to guests in NSW.
The NSW Tourism Awards' criteria and categories are set by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC). Select NSW category winners may progress to the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards to be judged against finalists from each State and Territory.
- Encourage and celebrate creativity, professionalism and innovation
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry
- Promote business planning amongst New South Wales tourism operators
- Encourage the continual raising of standards and reinforce the value of the tourism industry
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence
- Reinforce consumer confidence in the tourism industry
- Provide an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike
- Provide the opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards
2017 Key Dates
|24th March 2017
|30th June 2017
|31st July 2017
|29th September 2017
|16th November 2017
|As an independent non-chain property, it can be challenging building brand exposure in a highly competitive space such as the tourism accommodation sector. The credibility afforded by the NSW Tourism Awards immediately provided our business with a unique competitive advantage. The exposure gained as a finalist leading up to the awards, not to mention the media frenzy following success at the awards, has given us invaluable PR exposure in both social media and from traditional media of print, radio and TV.
Chris Denny, Managing Director, The Observatory Port Macquarie, 2015 NSW Gold Winner – Deluxe Accommodation & Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism, 2015 Australian Tourism Awards Winner - Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism